HiPAF Bespoke System for Water Utility Companies
The HiPAF bespoke sewage and wastewater treatment plant is a below ground solution for properties of up to 5,000 plus people where mains drainage is unavailable. The bespoke design consists of separate primary settlement, a HiPAF SAF (submerged aerated filter) for biological treatment and final settlement modules.
will bespoke design to ensure that the plant meets each water specification. The package offers complete in-house design and specification service including a turnkey service of initial site survey, commissioning and project liaison if required.
Suitable for larger applications the HiPAF Bespoke System is manufactured from glass reinforced plastic (GRP) and installed below ground.
Bespoke above ground solutions are also available from , units can be manufactured from GRP, steel, stainless steel or GRP with a steel or stainless steel ‘exoskeleton’.
Features and Benefits:
- Low maintenance
- The design has no internal mechanical moving parts therefore it requires minimal annual maintenance
- Emptying of the tank is also not required during maintenance as design can isolate and remove sections of the air distribution system
- Low running costs
- Significant reduction in power consumption can be achieved using VSD’s, timers, instrumentation and control to deliver lowest TOTEX solution
- Low installation costs and flexibility on site
- Only a small excavation is required due to its compact design allowing flexibility of positioning on site
- Bespoke configurations
- Energy saving options and chemical dosing packages can be configured to the design for site specific requirements
- Minimal visual impact
- Does not impede views due to the below ground installation
- Variable flows and loads
- During low flow conditions the level in the primary tank is reduced utilising forward feed air lift pumps. This creates a buffering volume that reduces the impact during high flows
- Reliable operation
- Underpinned by the supply chain partners that uses
- Robust operation
- Proven SAF technology based on 25 years empirical data
- Easy access
- Large access lids therefore no requirement for confined space entry reducing health and safety risks
- Access also offers ease of maintenance and process optimisation.
- Simple tankering operation
- Humus and primary sludges are stored in one place for simple tankering operation
BS1509001 CDM regulations and BIM maturity level 1 (working towards level 2) – promoting collaborative working methods
Tank 25 years life
GRP is UV stabilised with an external gel coat finish which extends the asset life to 25 years
HiPAF plants and kiosks are produced in a quality controlled environment at the factory
The HiPAF (High Performance Aerated Filter) brand name references the unique hydrodynamic profile within the filter bed. The benefit is a stable even biomass growth, during high or low flows meaning is offering higher treatment efficiencies over other similar solutions on the market.
Robust biological treatment process is backed by proven SAF technology based on 25 years empirical data offering treatment for carbonaceous (BOD) removal, nitrification and de-nitrification (Total N) when strict standards are required.
Bespoke design options can include:
Lid type, orientation and colour finish options are available
Single or three phase power supplies
Blower kiosk cooling fan
N-SAF tertiary treatment options
Inverts 0.5m as standard
Volt free telemetry contacts on control panel
Form 2 or form 4 control panel
Pumped inlet flow control
Duty/standby and duty standby assist blower upgrades
Blower and airline hose upgrades for long hours
Kiosk options including walk in kiosk
GRP or steel construction for transportable plants
Above ground or below ground solutions
Permanent or temporary solutions
HiPAF below ground installation, manufactured from GRP
Special project request. Above ground steel HiPAF at Letwell
Walk in kiosk supplied for the Letwell project
MK3 lids for the UK Water Utilities specification:
- Anti slip pads on the lids
- All lids are lockable
- Two lids per width of the tank – lids less than 25 kilo’s to lift
- Lockable stainless steel stays
- Grating held in position under the lid when in the down position allows ease of access to all air distribution pipework
- Grating when in place prevents risk of fall
- Raised air distribution pipework allows for ease of maintenance
- MK3 lids with grating showing air distribution pipwork MK3 lids showing grates to walk on
Ease of access is also a key feature of the HiPAF Range. The internal sections of the plant are accessible from the top by opening the large access lids, allowing for easy service, maintenance and de-sludging.
Standard Kiosk Design
Each HiPAF comes complete with a discreet, weatherproof, acoustically lined GRP kiosk, situated above ground. This houses the blower(s), a Form 2 control panel and air distribution manifold.
Included as standard is 10m of airline, to connect the blowers to the tank. Blower and airline upgrades are available if the kiosk is sited further than 10m from the plant.
The Form 2 control panel, automatically controls the operation of the plant. Form 4 is also available.
Kiosks upgrades available on request e.g. walk in kiosk.
Standard kiosk used for the UK water utilities
T300 tanks with form 4 and control panel with “wardrobe” kiosk
T300 tanks with form 4 and control panel with wardrobe kiosk